We are excited to announce the WCUSD will participate in the District of Choice Program during the 2021-2022 school year. Through the District of Choice Program, A parent or guardian who does not live within the WCUSD boundaries and is interested in having their child attend a WCUSD school will not be required to be released from their district of residence or reapply on an annual basis.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year can only be accepted from November 1, 2021 to January 1, 2022.
The DOC program is not available to residents of the Azusa, Pomona, and Rowland Unified School Districts as they are not required to adhere to the program at this time.
- A student does not need to be released from his/her district of residence to be accepted through the DOC program. The DOC application can be completed in lieu of an inter-district or Allen Bill permit.
- Online DOC applications must be completed and submitted by January 1, 2022.
- Mail-in DOC applications must be post-marked by January 1, 2022.
- Hand-delivered DOC applications must be submitted to the District Office by December 17, 2021.
- Transportation to and from the student’s residence and the WCUSD school of attendance will not be provided.
- A student may not be accepted if the additional cost of educating the student would exceed the amount of additional state aid received as a result of the transfer.
Administrative Secretary I
626-939-4600 ext. 1208
District of Choice Application (English)
District of Choice Application (Spanish)
District of Choice Application (Mandarin)
January 1, 2022